Wednesday, October 10, 2012

On a Fall Morning


 

I feel older today. Maybe it is the increasing responsibilities at school and the learning I am doing there. It could also be the fact that yesterday I came home to a mailbox full of lovely things, most of them addressed to Ashley Pierce. 

We've had lots of friends over lately. In celebration of Cake Day Amanda and Peter drove up from Connecticut and brought cake and lovely books for us. These are two good friends I studied abroad with, and I am so delighted that they are planning a wedding together. 

James bought a bike. He's been riding it to his school as often as possible. He's a trooper, its definitely cold and rainy out today. This morning as I was sleepy-eyed and waking up he donned his bike shorts and helmet before he said goodbye. Gotta love those bike shorts. 

Yesterday I took some time to walk around our neighborhood and take pictures of the colors. It was a nice break between work and school. Some of the trees have begun to bloom with red and orange, there are mums on every porch, pumpkins and scarecrows have popped up by front doors. Can you tell I'm completely enamored with fall? 

No comments: