Saturday, October 20, 2012

Distracted Thoughts While Studying:


There are moments when I struggle with literary theory. Language that is nearly impossible to access at times and I often find myself searching a passage for something applicable to the text I am reading, while I forget to read the essay as a whole.

I have to use the dictionary while reading theory.

However tonight I am enjoying it. It might have something to do with the book I'm reading it out of. Its small, cloth bound on lovely, thick, uncoated stock paper. Many students have read it since 1993 and consequently it now lays open nicely for me. It is beginning to acquire the old book smell and was published just down the road from here in Cambridge.

Speaking of Cambridge; James and I are going to adventure to the Harvard Bookstore tomorrow. I have a little class project to research and we will make it a date! If I'm lucky maybe with a little coffee too.

No comments: