I adore early mornings. I'm pretty familiar with the hours of the day before the sun comes up. Close actually, much more than acquaintances. The coffee shop where I've been working for a year--
its actually my one year anniversary there today, happy anniversary--
opens at 4:30 in the morning. Add a half an hour before that to get everything open, and 45 sometimes 30 minutes before that to pull myself out of bed and get there, equals a lot of no-sun hours.
What I love most about the morning is the things that go along with it. Our house is quiet in the morning. Don't get me wrong, I think the daynoise is great, most often laughter and games, yelling dinosaurs, tigers and sheer delight (or anguish) with the day's happenings. Early mornings are cozy in the kitchen, with my laundry going in the other room and a cup of tea with breakfast. Breakfast. I think breakfast may be the best thing since...well what is older than breakfast? The parted waters?
I recently discovered an amazing cookbook at the library entitled Super Natural Every Day. The author/chef/photographer, Heidi Swanson, lives and works in the city of San Francisco. She walks about 5 miles a day, most often to any number of local farmers markets. With China Town, the Mission District and the Park all within her reach she cooks with ingredients that make my heart happy. Her book is amazing and I can't wait to try some of her breakfast delicacies. One last thing, did I mention I love San Francisco?

All photos on this post taken by Heidi Swanson.

1 comment:
I love, love LOVE her blog! So glad you found her.
Post a Comment