Sunday, February 19, 2012

In Anticipation


I spent the better part of Friday with yards and yards of fabric in my lap while the rain outside pounded on my window, seemingly to get in and join me. Yesterday I woke up and began working on the maps to include in our invitations, drawing and painting away while the kids watched Saturday morning cartoons. Every once and a while they'd pop over to give emphatic approval (between shows of course). Last night James and I looked over the final designs for our invitations and were excited because they look completely fantastic. 

I feel like I'm finally to the point where I can begin to think about details for our day. The details are my favorite part. All the pieces are beginning to come together, and through each step I'm learning to consider it an adventure, when things go wrong--because they do almost every time--to roll with it and find out where the better option lies. There is usually a better option. 

In less than two months James and I will be boarding a plane on our way to a wedding. 

Our wedding. 

No comments: