Monday, June 15, 2015
California Yet Again
1. Last weekend we flew to Southern California to celebrate the life of James' grandfather, Mel. Mel Pierce was almost 92 when he passed, and left a legacy and family I am honored to now share. Rhyan and Bill picked us up from the airport and we had a sleepover at their house the first night. Rhyan and us at Sidecar Doughnuts in Costa Mesa is a check off our to-do list. 2. The most incredible doughnuts I've ever had. 3. We spent lots of time with family--I met cousins, saw some I met briefly at our wedding, talked with each other about grandpa's life, shared memories, and sang together too. This is Matt, an amazing artist, married to James' cousin Amy. He painted while we spent time at the beach together. 4. James and I soaking up some sun. We try and make the ocean and sun a priority when in California. Something we'll get a lot of come September when we pack everything up and drive there for good.
Yup, you read that right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Catching up on your blog today... I just love your writing and can hear your sweet voice through it... And am super excited to read that you will someday soon be where I might get to see you again. <3
Post a Comment