Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Some of Spring



Blossoms are fading into bright green leaves as we get more rain this week. But before they disappear completely here are some pictures from walking around and taking it in. Oh, and a chocolate cake I made for James.

Seeds for lettuce, peppers, rosemary, and swiss chard are in pots on our front porch. I'm hoping the rain headed our way over the next few days helps me water them.

I'm currently reading We the Drowned by Carston Jensen, on recommendation by the author I worked with last semester. The book's design, which first caught my eye, is unique and wonderful. The story is engaging, though dark at times, which is fitting for the setting I guess.

We started planning and organizing for Anwen's arrival--she get's here in two weeks! We found a bed for her to borrow for the summer from some friends at church, and I moved my craft supplies into the pantry area. We'll re-arrange some furniture and with any luck she'll feel like she has her own little space in the front room in our apartment. You know the room with the big windows that are full of bright green trees right now? Yup, that one. I can't wait. 

No comments: