John, my district manager; Dan, our schedule writer and team builder; Rhyan, who keeps us on a cleaning schedule; me, I do planning, food, and training; Tiffany, who rocks the morning rush; and Nicole, fastest and best closer.
A few weeks ago my partner (at Starbucks we call each other partners, because we each own a piece of the company, literally and figuratively) Dan posted a signup sheet for a volunteer project at a local farm. By the end of the week there were five names on the sheet--the management team. So he called around and found other partners to watch our store all morning, and we went out to play in the fields.
These are the people I see and work with everyday. They are most of the reason that I love my job. Today I was proud to work for a company that is known for pouring back into our local community, part of a company that rallies together to do a service project, and brings huge 5 gallon buckets of ice coffee along too.
We weeded mostly, but laughed a tun, and worked alongside partners and managers from other stores in our district. Have I mentioned I love my job?








No comments:
Post a Comment