Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Soaking Up Vacation

This last month was filled with time for James and I to relax. We're both working pretty regular schedules, but with the holidays, and me on break from school, we have a lot more free time. Lately you can find us curled up next to each other with a big blanket on the couch, each absorbed in a book.

Today for example. The stack of books above are my holiday reading project. The bookmark is where I am currently, do you think I can finish before next week? Between important calls, editing another article, and figuring out school finances today, I read.

This series has proven a great Christmas read.  They're full of adventure and good always triumphs over evil. This is the first time I've read them straight through, and I must say, they are crafted together like a piece of art. I started a sewing project last week and continued to work on it today. It is amazing how much I get done with a sewing machine that doesn't jam or break every 10 minutes. For Christmas some of our friends here in Waltham gave us The Joy of Cooking and I spent a good while perusing through it this morning.

Did you know you can actually make your own bagels?

I also found some yummy scones, a cornish game hen recipe I want to try, and a couple pages that demystified the funky looking fruits at our local produce market.

No comments: