We spent New Year's Eve in Boston with our friends, Chris and Mikaela. We started at Downtown Crossing and roamed around the city from there. The Boston Common was full of twinkle lights and fireworks as we strolled down to Copley Square. The city of Boston puts on a huge event, called First Night and there were a bunch of events, live bands, ice sculptures to see around the city. We had dinner on Newberry Street, ducked into the Old South Church for an orchestra, and even walked up to the Old North Church before James and I had to head home.
There were people everywhere in the streets. Families and men shooting off fireworks, crowds filling the common to gaze up at the explosions in the sky, people filling the free public trains. Everyone laughing, singing, happy, and celebrating together.
James and I rang in the New Year with a kiss while waiting for our train in North Station. We had planned to see fireworks over the harbor at midnight, but the last train left for home at 12:10.
No matter, we could have been anywhere, as long as I'm with my favorite guy I'm the happiest lady alive.

No comments:
Post a Comment