Friday, June 15, 2012

We Keep Ourselves Busy

Yesterday morning James and I got up early and took the T downtown for a tour of Emerson College, the graduate school I will attend in the fall. The school is located in the heart of downtown Boston. My classes will meet in two huge ten-story buildings and I really can hardly wait to start. The girl who gave us the tour was a fellow Publishing and Writing student and gave me some peace about beginning the program.

After the tour, we jumped on the T and met our friend James for lunch and a tour through the Sam Adams Brewery. So great! We had sandwiches for lunch (mine was Black Forest Ham with herbed cream cheese, cucumbers, lettuce and mango chutney) at Ula Cafe. It was probably the best sandwich I've ever had. 

After we arrived home I rode along to a local farm where a friend purchases her produce called Waltham Fields Community Farm. It's a community farm, many people go to volunteer in the gardens there and one can buy "shares" and go pick up the produce harvested there once a week. Strawberries, herbs, lettuce, garlic, spinach, tomatoes, peas...I could go on. I'll have to go take pictures sometime to show you. 

Lastly, James and I went to purchase some needed essentials for our new home after dinner. It's expensive to move! But we are absolutely excited to finish the process and start getting settled there. 

Happy Moving Day!

P.s. I'm going to start carrying my camera again, get excited!

2 comments:

Kate said...

That 'get excited' part? Yeah, consider it done! ;)

Olli said...

The farm sounds amazing! I just started reading a book today about a couple who runs a similar farm - http://www.amazon.com/The-Dirty-Life-Farming-Food/dp/1416551603

Can't wait to see picture!! :D