Friday, January 20, 2012

Magical

I arrived home yesterday morning and when I walked in the door Beth's face lit up and she told me a package had arrived that morning. I saw the big brown box and new immediately what had finally arrived. The most magical package I have ever received.

My absolutely perfect wedding dress.

We stood wide-eyed, looking as I pulled it out. Alina (who happens to be 5 years old) was outside playing in the dirt and promptly came in to see. Beth said, "do. not. touch. it." Alina stood back, and began to describe all the things she loves about my dress. Then while telling me she began to move forward and reached out to touch the material. Beth grabbed her, laughing.

She had already forgotten.

For now it hangs on the antique wardrobe in my room. I have a lot of work ahead of me before I can wear it but that doesn't mean my anticipation is any less strong.

I can hardly wait for James to see.

No comments: