Wilson and Z. Caleb on a beautiful fall day at the park in San Antonio.
This morning I'm sitting at the kitchen counter, drinking out of the pot of coffee Thomas made (I told him I only wanted one cup, I guess the rest is for him) with the cool grey light from the cool fall day coming in through the window behind me. I got up this morning to be on time to work at 4am, only to arrive and realize I wasn't actually scheduled to work today.
But who isn't happy when they get to go back home, get cozy in bed, and start the day over?
The effort to balance my life between two jobs, planning a wedding, an application to gradschool, and involvement in my current community (not to mention those I've previously invested in) has proved quite a challenge as of late. I work in the early mornings and evenings and all day on the weekends--this leaves most of my afternoons free. I think my only saving grace is that James has about the same schedule as well. We've started carpooling to work.
Lots of parties around here lately. Pumpkin carving parties, birthday parties, hang-out-and-play-dominoes parties, community parties. I feel like I've settled into here a little more in the last week. Looking around last night as our whole church community was gathered together I felt incredibly thankful for everyone I was with, and the life they bring.
Beth, Levi, Alina, Sarah, Wilson and Megan. Yaay special friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment