Monday, November 21, 2011

Hurrahing in Harvest



 Caleb's smile pumpkin, isn't he perfect?


Thomas and Beth in their matching soccer shirts. They rock.

Something was funny...

My owl pumpkin! With lots of help from James. 

There has been a lot of fall around here lately-- these pictures are from a few weeks ago. This week we had a fresh box of produce delivered from a group of local farmers. It was full of butternut squash, apples, grapefruit, pears, basil, lettuce and everything was delicious. The trees are nothing like Maryland this time of year, but there are some turning and spreading color on the ground. It's rainy today and as I sit inside working on all things wedding it feels cozy and I am blessed not to have to work until later today.

I'm soaking up the fall while it lasts. My dad reported that it is already snowing at our home in Northern California, and Starbucks has definitely proclaimed it is now the Christmas season. We are in full swing today for Thanksgiving, beginning the preparations to have a huge family day here. Beth is teaching me how to have a houseful of people over always. My intro courses, Cleaning Everything In One Afternoon 101 and Boiling Noodles For 15, I've mastered and now we're moving onto the important things.

Delicious Turkey Dinner for Twenty.

No comments: