Wednesday, December 1, 2010

rainy day

This morning I was laying in bed at 6:15 listening to the rain hit my window and the planes fly overhead (during storms BWI planes get re-routed over our house), thinking that the last thing I want to do today is go stand in the  rain and wait for the train.

But alas.

I donned by boots, brown coat, and a scarf and headed out the door. The rain slid down the train window and I my eyes had a hard time staying awake. I love the train, I am really going to miss it. I decided this morning to get some tea--Earl Grey with milk and honey--in Union Station, relax in the warmth, and listen to the Christmas instrumental they began playing this week. It was so wonderful.

Around 9:30 I braved the storm and walked my three blocks up Connecticut Avenue with all the other wet people. The umbrella nearly blew out of my hands a few times. It reminded me of Mary Poppins. Now I'm inside, the heater is on, and I may make myself another cup of tea. These next weeks should be busy, the editorial department has 14 new books to transmit to us.

No comments: