Wednesday, December 8, 2010
christmas tea
Yesterday was the Christmas tea at church, for which we invited about a hundred elderly women from different homes in our area to come and enjoy some tea, and fellowship. I was so excited to help--as I love tea parties of any sort--and was assigned the job of re-filler; it was my job to refill the tea pots as they became empty. I found quickly that this job did not require to much of my time and soon I got myself some tea and sat down at a table of ladies to join in on the conversation. We talked and ate traditional-tea things, tuna salad sandwiches, breads, tartlets and chocolates. Some of them couldn't believe I was 22 and finished with college, which I have been getting a lot lately. There was earl grey, cinnamon and vanilla chai tea and I even got to take home my very own cup. It was delightful to spend the afternoon with these ladies and I loved the hugs I received as they left.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment