Wednesday, July 15, 2009

coffee and literature

This morning the soft coastal breeze is filling my room. The air is cool and smells like salt and it is one of the things I like most about our home. When we open the windows on both sides of the house the breeze whips through and out the other side. It cools our rooms and leaves the greatest salty ocean smell.

Authors I am choosing to study next semester for my Latin American Lit class:

Cristina Garcia -Cuban novelist
Pablo Neruda -Chilean poet
Gabriel Garcia Marquez -Colombian novel
Carlos Fuentes -Panamanian novel
Gabriela Mistral -Chilean poet
Rosario Ferre -Puerto Rican novelist
Jorge Luis Borges - Argentine poet
Claribel Alegria- comtemp. El Salvadoran poet

I am almost done with the syllabus. Which feels good, I am nervous though, that because I haven't ever studied these authors before that I may make a mistake in choosing one of them, or not choosing another.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh! Oh!
BRAZILIANS????
HMMM???
MEXICANS???
HMMM???