Thursday, March 26, 2009

in complete devotion


So, while in San Francisco, my team and I worked with an organization called Re-Imagine. On Wednesday we were to walk a specific route through the city. We were instructed to go into shops, try new foods, and absorb the city. This is the day I met Phil.

Normally I love Pete. Starbucks and I used to see each other, but I was always left disappointed. Pete and I get along, have a strong relationship even but it's long distance and its hard to keep touch. Kean, Kean and I are becoming closer everyday. We love each other, I like how strong Kean is. But over break I had an affair with Phil that I will never forget.

I walked into this Mission district, earthy shop and saw what I had always dreamed of but never knew it. The back wall was lined with freshly roasted beans with names like, Ambrosia Coffee of God, Silken Splendor, Canopy of Heaven and Soooo Good. The woman recommended a coffee that was just what I was looking for. She ground enough beans for my cup and but them in an all natural unbleached filter. She then poured just enough water in and the most wonderful brew drained down into my cup. She then, to perfection, added cream and sugar. She made sure I liked it and handed over to me a cup to good to be anything but sin.

Later in the week I traveled a half an hour to get to Phil again and I would give anything to have a cup right now.

No comments: