My bike is on probation, lock down, time out- strict disciplinary measures have been taken.
I was riding my then most wonderful bike, back home to get my car and take my RD's son to school (I drive him 5 minutes there every Wednesday afternoon). Well, I sort of half stopped, then tried to fix my bookbag that was falling and the combo was bad news bears. I almost caught myself, but in an awkward tripping motion I couldn't get my other leg over the frame and I fell. I wasn't even really moving. But to my dismay I looked down and saw that the left knee of my favorite jeans had just aquired a nice rip in them. Some guy asked, "are you ok?". "Yup! great!" I replied and quickly got back on and rode off.
I got home and threw my bike against the wall, locked it up and yelled at it a bit so it would realize the seriousness of the situation (well I wanted to at least). I took Ryan to school and then went to Brit. Lit. I showed Catherine my new rip and she made me feel better by saying "hey it looks like you paid an extra 30 bucks for that rip".
Stupid bike.
2 comments:
I am sure Rebekah has a pink patch!
Don't tell, but I'm sitting next to you in class right now.
This story was wonderful. And I feel special that I was able to see part of this.
Post a Comment