Today, after chapel, Bethany (who recently started a media internship with KK) looked at me and said "do you want to come up to the office with me?" Do I want to come up to the office? Do I? It took me all of a half a second to say yes to her.
We go upstairs (their office is in the same building, Newport Mesa Church, that Vanguard holds chapel in) and Stew is sitting in the office with our friend Ryan. Stewart Ramsey is one of the original idea men behind Krochet Kids and is a total doll. It wasn't 5 minutes before he made me a cup of coffee, and if you know me lately, I am all about a good cup of coffee.
So I am just sitting there, reading C.S. Lewis, doing homework, while Bethany and Stew storyboard for the movie Bethany is making for them during her trip to Uganda this summer. Before I know it, I am dragged into the conference room, thrown a pen and am ordered to write all of my ideas down on the wall sized white board. "There are no bad ideas" Stew said. For the next hour and a half we played word association, answered Who, What, Why questions and started a structure for this video.
Wait a second...Im not an intern, I haven't been to Uganda and all I have is a KK beanie, and an old T-shirt with their logo on it. Yet this is the kind of welcoming love that I am shown. The kind of love their non-profit is founded on.
2 comments:
so good.
YES!!! A-mazing...love how you just happen to walk into people worlds and become a huge part of what they are going. You are a blessed friend!
Post a Comment