Today I went job hunting. It was moderately successful, considering I made a friend in the process. :) I parked my car and walked around the block. My plan was to walk around the Circle and go into any restaurant I saw, but just as I get to the corner I see a little old Indian man with a walking stick. I make eye contact and smile, but before I could maneuver around him and into the crosswalk he smiles and says "will you walk me to my car?". What am I supposed to say? No? Obviously its what I wanted to say, I was on a mission and I had no idea who this guy was. "Sure!" I said and we slowly set off as he braced himself on my shoulder.
We walked down and around the block and he introduced himself as Charlie. He told me he is from India, was an English professor in India for a while (I told him about my English major and he made the connection), and I also found out that he likes to go to the movies. It made me laugh when he said, "I wish I had more time, we could go get a cup of coffee somewhere". I'm so glad he didn't have time. He basically talked my ear off for 15 minutes (as we walked around the block) and then gave me his card and an email address. So strange. But, he was a cute little old man, and very kind. Made me smile.
1 comment:
Sounds like you made Charlie smile too. :) I just love old men. I take pictures of them here when I see them sitting on bench's.
Post a Comment