Sunday, March 16, 2014

My Dream Job

Left to right, top to bottom. 1)Sometimes I get bored. 2)August the robobarista. 3)Love my partners. 4)Getting ready to walk to work. 5)Some spring coffee art. 6)Goofballs. 7)Sometimes it takes all the screens. 8)Perfect shots of espresso. 9)Running the store solo. 10)Snow days at Starbucks. 11)Tuesdays mean putting the big order downstairs, yup, all of it. 12)More coffee art. 13)Christmas signs I doodled. 14)Shift managers hard at work. 15)Stuff baristas take to work. 16)My store in the summertime.

I rarely write about work. But it's where I spend most of my time. These are a few moments from the last three years, and I realized tonight I don't have enough. I started with this company thinking it would be a summer job, but three years later it has become much more than that. Friends, community, partners, family even. We argue together, cheer together, dance, stress, laugh, pull together like a team, hurt each others feelings, and stand up for one another.

I'll have high standards for the next company I work for.

Turns out my dream job is the one I already have.

1 comment:

LaurelAnne said...

Loooooove this! Miss you so much.