Thursday, August 15, 2013

Vacation Starts Now


I'm currently in a packed car headed to the White Mountains in New Hampshire. 

On the agenda for the next week there is reading, hiking, star gazing, campfires, good meals, kayaking, swimming and sleeping in a cabin. It's so green at Cragged, the camp where we're spending the weekend. After that we're flying away to spend the rest of the week with some good friends, in a warm place. But that's as specific as I can be because some of them don't know we're coming. I love surprises. 

Please don't be disappointed if we fail to show up on your doorstep Tuesday. One hint, it's not California. 

Yesterday at work I finally began to feel how weary I really am in my shoes there. Our last vacation was in April, and since then I've accomplished a lot at work. This will be a much needed break, and with any luck I'll return rejuvenated for the business of the fall season. 

Until then I'm going to revel in summer.

No comments: