Monday, December 17, 2012

Sick Day

James and I took the day off today. He called in to work early this morning and we didn't get out of bed  until almost ten. It was a much needed day of rest, as both of us have battled sore throats and sniffly noses the past few days. James has had a cough for almost three weeks now. Today I loaded him up on decongestant and nyquil, I think he sounds better.

We read and slept all day while it rained outside. Lunch was macaroni and cheese, dinner was a new winter squash pasta dish and tuna melts. I talked to a few friends on the phone and other than that it has been relatively quiet around here.

About six I went outside for the first time, and there was a pile of packages on our front doorstep! Gram sent ornaments for our tree and this evening we had a second tree decorating, complete with hot chocolate and christmas music.

We're re-reading Harry Potter over Christmas. I haven't read the books since they came out and I figured winter break was a perfect time to enjoy them again. Christmas happens every year at Hogwarts, the school Harry Potter attends, and it's usually wonderful.

I'm hoping to wake up feeling better tomorrow. It was lovely to have my husband home with me on a gray, sleepy day. These are the things we've dreamed of, lazy days at home together.

No comments: