I am currently sitting in our living room, the cool summer breeze floating in, music streaming, and our little room is full of warm light. There is a wedding photo on the wall and a pile of laundry to my left. The books we are currently reading sitting together on the coffee table and there are little pieces of both our lives separate and together scattered around the room.
I feel so blessed to fold laundry.
There is chicken defrosting in the kitchen, I'm making chicken enchiladas tonight. There is no real Mexican food in Massachusetts--never mind, a good friend taught me how to create it once. We, Californians to the core, need Mexican food like air. James loves her chicken enchiladas and guacamole; actually I miss it/her a lot as well. Thank goodness for recipes.
Maybe its because this is all new, maybe one day I'll tire of things like folding laundry. But right now I love it. Shorts, work shirts, towels, chonies, t-shirts from the college we attended, cute tops mixed in with christmas pajamas. Its our lives suddenly mixed together in one basket.
I am a blessed lady and I love my husband.

No comments:
Post a Comment