This morning I got called in to work early. One of our partners has a new son today, so he couldn't come in to work. During our peak hours there were only three of us on the floor. There should be six.
A little back story to this story... the coffee shop I work in makes the most money out of any other in San Antonio, and is number four in the state of Texas. So when we're busy, were busy.
When we finally had more people come in around 11, one of the girls had left her work shoes at home so she shamefully walked in with a pair of dark blue, healed flats and white socks. Sometime in the middle of running to grab things out of the oven, brew coffee, take money at the window, make some cold drinks and get ice (in two minutes) a thought occurs to me--
I have black socks on.
Black socks are better than white socks.
30 seconds later, as Allie was still pouring drinks and handing them out on the bar, I was down on the floor taking off her white socks and putting my black ones on her feet. I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe. My manager walked out, saw us and said, "just make sure you wash your hands I guess" laughing. It was completely ridiculous.
I thought of Bethany.
2 comments:
hhahaahahahahah i would think of bethany too in this scenario.
right?
Post a Comment