Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Fly Away

California bound, Friday.

I called Rebekah on her birthday this last week and she asked me if I could please go to her Birthday party on Friday. I asked her if she realized I had to take a plane to get to her. Told her that she lives a really long way away. I couldn't lie so I just avoided giving an answer.

I can't wait to ring the doorbell.

I haven't seen my sister since January and I miss her so much. She has had a crazy semester and on Friday morning I get to give her the big hug I've been holding onto for months. I'm excited to see my family and spend a few days with them.

Moving here in January brought a rush of homesickness that mostly had to do with how far away my closest friends suddenly felt. My community, the girls I have lived with for almost 5 years and all things familiar and cozy went away. I am so excited to spend time with them, hug them, and laugh with them this weekend.

California. Be still my heart.